Assistant Professor Dr.
Assistant Professor Dr.
Assistant Professor Dr. Jaruprapa Rakpong has been a lecturer at the Faculty of Law at Thammasat University since 2012. She is a member of the Editorial Board of the Asian Journal of International Law, a senior expert on international trade for the ASEAN’s Enhanced Regional Integration Support by the EU (ARISE) PLUS Project and the Deputy Director for Thammasat International Trade and Economic Law Programme. She completed all her legal studies in the UK, obtaining her undergraduate law degree from King’s College London, a postgraduate law degree from the University of Cambridge, and a doctorate degree from University College London. She teaches international law, international economic law as well as laws relating to ASEAN and the EU. She is specialised in international economic law, in particular the law of the WTO, ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement and various countries’ external trade relations with Thailand.
- King’s College London, U.K. LL.B. First-class honours
- University of Cambridge, U.K. LL.M. Upper second-class honours
- University College London, U.K. The European and International Trade Laws Ph.D.
- Regulatory Aspects of EU-Thai Trade Relations in the Area of Food Safety (Ph.D., UCL)
- Intern at Bureau of Trade Measures, the Department of Foreign Trade, Thai Ministry of Commerce
- Intern at Office of Minister Department, Thai Ministry of Commerce
- Intern at Allen & Overy (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Bangkok
Areas of Expertise
WTO Law, ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement the EU and the US external trade relations with Thailand.
Areas of Interest
Non-tariff measures (NTM), ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement, external trade relations between Thailand and trading partners, the interplay of trade law vs. health, the environment, politics and national security.
Students who would like to pursue their research papers (IS or thesis) in these areas are welcome to contact her via email.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in International Law
- International Economic Law
- The Law concerning the ASEAN Integration, EU law
- Jaruprapa Rakpong and Nessara Sukpanich, “Compliance of the U.S. Sanctions of Gem Enterprises from Myanmar under the Obligations of the WTO Law: Its Implications on Thai Gems and Jewelry Exports to the U.S.” (ongoing research)
- Jaruprapa Rakpong and Yoshiko Naiki, “EU-Third Country Dialogue on IUU Fishing: The Transformation of Thailand’s Fishery Laws”, Transnational Environmental Law, (Cambridge University Press, 2022)
- Jaruprapa Rakong, “Thailand’s Import Ban of Pork and Pork Products Containing Beta-Agonists: Legality and Compliance with the WTO Law” (Thai language) (Bangkok, Duean-tula Press, 2021)
- Jaruprapa Rakpong, “What’s GSP? What’s next for Thailand and Thai Exporters” (Thai language) (Bangkok, the Standard, 2019)
- Jaruprapa Rakpong, “Important Principles concerning Free Movement of Goods under the Law of the European Union” (Thai language) (Bangkok, Thammasat University Press, 2019)
- Thira Jearsiripongkul and Jaruprapa Rakpong, “Compilation and Translation of Thai Law related to Energy Industry”, the Energy Regulatory Commission, Volume 3 (Thammasat University Research and Consultancy Institute), 2020
- Thira Jearsiripongkul and Jaruprapa Rakpong, “Compilation and Translation of Thai Law related to Energy Industry”, Energy Regulatory Commission, Volume 2. (Thammasat University Research and Consultancy Institute) (2015)
- Jaruprapa Rakpong, “WTO Law: Interpretation and Analyses of Important Provisions”, (Thai language) 2nd Edition (Bangkok, Thammasat University Press (2017)
- Jaruprapa Rakpong, “The Analysis of Problems regarding Thai Food Safety Regulations”, (Thai language) (2013), Vol 42(1), Thammasat Law Journal, Vol 42 (1) 94-114